How to take care of your pet jumping beans:
- Treat them gently.
- Do not throw the jumping beans. Do not step on them. Give them lots of tender loving care.
- Keep your jumping beans in a cool place when you are not playing with them.
- Store them in a cool spot like a drawer or closet. You can store them in the butter compartment of your refrigerator (45-50 degrees) if you would like them to live much longer (over 2-3 months), but NEVER store your jumping beans in the freezer. Freezing would kill your jumping beans.
- Keep your beans away from too much heat. They will jump when they are warm, but too much heat is NOT good. Never leave them in the hot sun or in a hot car.
- Your jumping beans will travel happily in your pocket. Just remember to take them out.
- About once a week give your jumping beans a bath in dechlorinated water. That means water that has been sitting out in an open container for at least 5 hours so the chlorine can evaporate. You may get to see them swim! After a short bath (5-30 minutes) remove them from the water and place them on a paper towel to dry. Do not scrub them. Do not use soap. The bath helps them stay moist, it is not because they need to be cleaned.
- Do not feed your jumping beans.
- Everything they need is inside their seed home.
- Remember jumping beans contain a live larva and treat them with respect.
- Be a responsible pet owner.